08 May 2014

Heavy Metal Quote Of The Day

I've always been fascinated by the spiritual aspect of music performance.  The bass player of a 1980s arena rock band once told me that playing on stage is the closest you can come to touching God.  That's not a direct quote, but you get what I'm saying. 

Guitar World Magazine recently published an article that scratches the surface of the topic and in part one of "Guitar Talk" with Wicked Wisdom musical director and guitar man Pocket Honore, the minister of heavy metal takes it a step further:

There’s a point when you walk on then there’s a point where you’re the messenger after you walk on.  And it’s like, for me, it’s the only time I feel free.  And then when that happens some things are beyond your control because a higher power is trying to get a message to you.








Photos Courtesy of Pocket Honore

No comments:

Post a Comment