07 June 2011

Serious Rocker


In the spring of 2006 I had the opportunity to cover Jada Pinkett Smith’s heavy metal band Wicked Wisdom.  I heard she was releasing a heavy metal album and figured I should check it out.  

At first I was skeptical.  I thought to myself, oh great just what the world needs, another Hollywood actress-turned-singer.  

Once the interview began I was blown away.  Jada was down to earth, funny, honest, and very serious about her music. 

I wasn’t talking to an A-list Hollywood actress.  I wasn’t talking to Will Smith’s wife.  I was having a conversation with a musician who has nothing but respect for the music. 

When we started talking about a great band from Georgia called Mother’s Finest (check back with us for their upcoming feature), that did it for me. 

She won me over.  So did her music.  

Catch Jada this Tuesday June 14 at 10/9c on TNT’s "HawthoRNe".

-
Renée

No comments:

Post a Comment